2012-12-19

Entries

We recently had to switch the database hostname that Anthill Pro was using, moving from a specific hostname to a VIP so we can easily failover.

#

I thought you only needed to update the install.db.url entry in conf/server/installed.properties and restart.

#

But it turns out you also have to update two entries in conf/spring-server/base.xml as well.

#

I put a note in conf/server/installed.properties reminding myself and others to update the other file as well.

#

An excellent suggestion from a co-worker to see where AHP was actually connecting to: netstat -a | grep 3306

#

3306 is the default MySQL port, so swap our your custom port as needed.

#

The other issue we had (after migrating from Oracle to MySQL) is that MySQL needs to be configured to have binlog_format set to MIXED.

#

You can see what it's currently set to by using: SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'binlog_format';

#

Another issue I had during the Anthill Pro Oracle to MySQL migration was a handful of entries in the table JOB_CONFIG_STEP where entries for the same JOB_CONFIG_ID had the same SEQ - the number representing the order of the step.

#

The migration process caused the two steps with the sam SEQ number to change their order. This caused an issue where a Cleanup step ended up getting moved before a Deploy step, causing it to fail.

#

It was easy to fix the one place we ran into the problem but I wanted to find other places where this was happening.

#

I connected to the database to run the following and find other entries with this issue: SELECT JOB_CONFIG_ID, SEQ, COUNT(*) FROM JOB_CONFIG_STEP GROUP BY JOB_CONFIG_ID, SEQ ORDER BY COUNT(*) DESC;

#

Anywhere where COUNT was higher than 1 meant there was a problem. Fortunately it only happened to 3 other Job Configurations out of 200+.

#

Comments

comments powered by Disqus